Monday, February 2, 2009

Never Let Your Guard Down

Happy Post-Super Bowl Monday! I hope all of you had a fantastic night filled with tasty gluten-free goodies. For me, Super Bowl Sunday ended up becoming a lesson in staying vigilant in making sure I do not consume gluten.

Before we left to attend our usual Super Bowl party, I packed a bag with Redbridge, Boar's Head Cold Cuts, and Glutino Pretzels. I was having a good, gluten-free time when I noticed some Tostitos Scoops and salsa. Scoops are a pantry staple in my house and who doesn't like salsa.

So, I had some. And then, some more. We were standing around the salsa, when the Tostitos bowl ran out. The hostess took out the open bag to refill the bowl. Then, I noticed the bag.....

MULTIGRAIN TOSTITOS SCOOPS
Yep. I didn't know those existed. And I glutened myself. On Super Bowl Sunday. Yep. I stink. But, while in abdominal discomfort today, I realized I've let my guard down. And it was such a simple mistake. It's a mistake that can't happen again.

post signature

3 comments:

costaricarentacar said...

Congratulations! this blog is very interesting and has information most important we invite you to visit our site. Prices will amaze you Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, costarica real estate ,retirement in costa rica, costa rica condominiums. Visit us for more info at: http://www.Costa-RicaRealEstate.com

Maureen "Hold The Gluten" said...

Oh no!!! That stinks :( My sister made the same mistake over the holidays -- she bought the Multigrain Tostitos and put them out. Luckily because I eat nachos EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I noticed they looked a little "off". Hope you weren't sick for too long!?

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Wow, I had no idea that multigrain tostitos existed either! I am so sorry were hit by that unwelcome surprise.

I just found my way to your blog so I was surprised to see my own blog on your blog roll. What a wonderful surprise! (I always look at people's blog rolls just to find out about other great blogs.) Thank you so much. I'll happily do the same. :-)

Shirley