Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly oil the bottom of a standard bread loaf pan and dust with rice or corn flour.
Combine in a large bowl:
- 4 medium bananas, peeled, mashed
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup organic light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Whisk together in a separate bowl::
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bette Hagman's GF Mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (I used a 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum & a 1/4 teaspoon of guar gum)
- 1 rounded teaspoon cinnamon
Add the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and stir until smooth. If the batter looks too thin and wet, add more gluten-free flour, a tablespoon at a time, to thicken the batter.
- 1/2 cup vegan soy-free chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life)
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the center of a preheated oven for an hour, until the loaf is firm, a bit crusty, and a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean.Cool the loaf on a wire rack.Slice and wrap each slice in foil; bag and freeze. Makes about 8 or so slices.This recipe is blissfully gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, nut-free, and corn-free (if you check the source of your xanthan gum and baking powder).