Friday, November 28, 2008

Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger: Gingerbread Cake with Orange Double Cream Frosting


This holiday, I wanted to give thanks...give thanks to all the wonderful gluten-free bloggers out there who have helped me on my journey. Last Adopt-a-Gluten-Free-Blogger event, I adopted Kate at Gluten-Free Gobsmacked. This time around I adopted Jill at Hey! This Tastes Good. I look forward to reading her new posts as soon as they hit my Google Reader. Her recipes are easy to follow and her photography is something to aspire to. And, she's a Daring Baker, like me!

For this event, I decided to make her Gingerbread Cake with Orange Double Cream Frosting. Why did I choose this cake? I had everything on hand to make the cake (except for the oranges), I own a zester, and I was missing the taste of gingerbread cookies! The only change I made with the cake was that I used 1/2 xanthan and 1/2 guar instead of all xanthan in the recipe.

The cake tasted like the holidays - spicy, yet sweet. My son dipped his spoon in the icing to get to the orangey goodness. It was the perfect complement to our Turkey dinner. Even the gluten eaters enjoyed it! Thanks, Jill for the wonderful dessert.

4 comments:

jill elise said...

Awesome! I forget how great this cake is and only make it once or twice a year. Thanks!!

Chef E said...

You are like so tempting me to go downstairs and eat that last piece of pie with your sweet treats. One reason I do not and claim not to be that great of a baker is because I would eat it all before the hubby got home :)

Stacey said...

I might have to try this recipe too. My husband would love it.

lifeglutenfree said...

I want to try this too. It looks and sounds great!