Recently (I mean Thursday), my better half and I decided to start to limit red meat in our diet and add more fish. So, for his birthday, I decided to make him Pecan-Crusted Tilapia with Coconut Rice and Sauteed Spinach for dinner. This dish was tasty, healthy, and quick to make. The hardest part of the recipe was trying to keep my son's hands out of the coconut milk!
Pecan Crusted Tilapia
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of finely chopped pecans (I bought whole pecans and chopped them in my food processor)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven at 375;
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat it with olive oil;
- Season the tilapia fillets with salt and pepper to taste;
- Mix the mayo and Dijon mustard together in a bowl;
- Dredge each fillet in the mayo/mustard mixture and then into the pecans;
- Place fillets onto the parchment covered baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes till done.
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- Put the rice, coconut milk, and water into your rice cooker and turn it on;
- When rice is done season with salt to taste.
- Two bags of fresh spinach
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive Oil
- Rinse & discard stems of spinach;
- Oil a saute pan and put it over high heat (it's too high if it smokes)
- Add some of the spinach and garlic into the hot pan;
- Saute the spinach & garlic until the spinach is wilted, but still green;
- Take off heat and plate;
- Season with salt and pepper to taste;
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 till all spinach is done.