Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New York Times' Red Pepper Risotto


This weekend, I wanted Risotto. I've had arborio rice in the pantry for months, but haven't been in the mood to stand over a hot stove. Until this weekend. I was looking through the New York Times online and noticed a series of recipes using red peppers. One of the recipes was for Red Pepper Risotto. That was all I needed. There was a few choices that NYT had in the recipe: I used onions, not shallots; didn't use saffron; and a mix of parsley & thyme.
This was a rousing success....everyone loved it!

2 comments:

Maureen "Hold The Gluten" said...

Oh no you didn't!!! I LOVE Risotto, but do not have the attention span to s-l-o-w-l-y stir rice for 25 minutes. The one time I made Risotto, I ended up dumping all of the liquid in at once. End result - nasty rice mush. Please let me know when you are having this dish again -- I'm up for a road trip :)

learay said...

I just bought a box of Risotto this weekend to try. I love Risotto and the only time I have made it from scratched I used my electric pressure cooker and it was delic. I really want to try making it by standing over the stove and stirring and stirrring.

This looks wonderful.