Wednesday, September 10, 2008

GF Restaurant Review: Charlie Brown's Steakhouse


Since I had a crappy day at work, my hubby decided to take our family out to dinner to relax. We chose Charlie Brown's here on Staten Island since we heard about a GF Menu and it was always a place we enjoyed before going gluten-free. I loved their hot wings and their salad bar.....*sigh*

Well, their GF menu wasn't great, but it was better than nothing. Shrimp cocktail, salad w/o most dressings, steak, plain veggies, etc. I opted for the Grilled Salmon with a Garlic Dill Sauce accompanied by a baked potato. And a glass of wine.
When our meals arrived, my dish had a naked piece of salmon and an undressed baked potato. After looking around for our server, we were able to get the Garlic Dill Sauce and some butter for my potato. The salmon was dry and the baked potato was, well, just a baked potato. On the plus side, they do have a gf cheesecake.
I don't think we will be stopping there again anytime soon......but my son LOVED his ice cream....lol

1 comments:

Maureen "Hold The Gluten" said...

Gluten Free Cheesecake!!! Oh yum! Naked salmon - totally unappetizing - blech :( Would it be so bad for my "dinner" to be cheesecake and wine?