Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Adopted Gluten-Free Blogger? Kate at Gluten-Free Gobsmacked!


Seamaiden at Book of Yum is hosting this round of Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger! I decided to participate and adopt Kate at Gluten-Free Gobsmacked. Kate's blog has to be one of my favorites - for a variety of reasons. (1) Kate's a teacher, (2) her recipes kick butt, and (3) she introduced me to the bento lunch.

So, I owe her a lot. For this round of Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger, I decided to make her Bleu Cheese & Dried Cherry Burgers on her Lavash Wrap. Wow. Did I make an awesome choice. The burgers were so juicy and flavorful. The dried cherries played off the tartness of the blue cheese. My husband and I devoured these. I ate one of the burgers on the lavash wrap - which reminded me of the flavorful breads I used to eat pre-gf. Then I saved the rest for lunch for the rest of the week! (which were bentos, mind you)

The burgers reminded me of a better (and edible) version of a hamburger my uncle made for my family ages ago (note: Susanne ask James about this). When we lived in Pennsylvania as kids, my Uncle John and his family from Nebraska came in for a visit. My uncle wanted to make us dinner as a thank you for our hospitality. He made burgers with chunks of Macintosh apples in them - which made the burgers hard as a rock and inedible. After that dinner, my mom declared that my Uncle John was no longer allowed to cook for our family. But, I digress.

3 comments:

Susanne said...

This was too funny! As soon as I asked James about this, the answer came right out of his mouth without hesitation.

Kerrie aka GFShaolin said...

I think James and I were in 2nd and 4th grades....it was horrible.

Alexa said...

That's a great looking burger. What a fun event!