- 2 cans of kindey beans (which we subsituted cannelli beans for some odd reason - good, though)
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes and chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning (if you are gluten free, stick to McCormick)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (make sure there isn't hidden gluten, I went with Hidden Valley)
- 1 lb browned hamburgershredded cheese and sour cream for embelishment
- put one of those crockpot liners in the crockpot. totally helps with the clean up.
- brown meat
- drain fat and add to crockpot stoneware insert (the meat. not the fat.)
- sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat
- drain and rinse the beans and add (This is where I noticed the kidney/cannelli bean mix up)
- add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans
- cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5. I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt for cooking on low.
- At some point during the cooking, the husband tasted the soup. He loved it, but wanted more "zing" (as he put it). So, he dumped some salsa & Frank's Red Hot in. This is completely optional.
- serve with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
This ROCKED!!!!!!!!! All of us, including the babe, ate it up. Plus, I had leftovers! I ate like a queen at work that week. We are planning on making this for the inlaws (minus the sour cream - my FIL doesn't think sour cream should be legal)