- Goya Yellow Rice (Word to the GF - try a different brand or just plain rice - see below)
- Chicken Sausage (We used two different types - Sweet Italian & Sundried Tomato)
- GF Chicken Stock
- Frozen Shrimp
- Whatever frozen veggies I have on hand
- Whatever fresh herbs on hand
- We cooked up the rice, sausage, and stock in a deep bottomed fry pan;
- Once the rice was cooked, stir it up and let it simmer (covered) for 15 - 20 minutes;
- While it's simmering, chop up the tomatoes, scallions, and herbs;
- Throw in the tomatoes, scallions, herbs, shrimp, and veggies.
- Once everything is cooked, serve.
Lo and behold, the paella was quite spicy - without any added spicy flavorings. My mom tried to eat it, but didn't work. I looked at the Goya box and looked at the ingredients. Lots of spice & some questionable "glutenous" ingredients. Did some research (love laptops) at the table, the rice is quite questionable in the GF world. I dumped my serving, my dad and husband ate up, and my mom just ate the sausage & shrimp. Thank god, I had made some Pamela's Brownies to save the day!
Next time....PLAIN RICE!!!!